32 MPs found claiming expenses for rent as well as receiving money from properties often bought and refurbished with taxpayers’ money. The list includes the following Members of Parliament:
1) John Whittingdale – Conservative Chairman of the culture, media and sport committee
2) Mark Pritchard – Conservative Party
3) John Denham – former Labour cabinet minister
4) Michael Meacher – Labour Party
5) Pat McFadden – Labour former minister
6) Kevin Barron – Labour Party
7) Linda Riordan – Labour Party
8) Francis Maude – Conservative Cabinet Office Minister
Who has tried to hide the truth? John Bercow, the Speaker of the House of Commons. My understanding is that somebody who tries to hide a crime that somebody else has committed becomes in fact an accomplice and should be made accountable.
The publication of the full details by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA) is due today and will take place despite the opposition of John Bercow, Speaker of the House of Commons.