But in the UK Referendum on EU Membership, Labour voters supported Brexit. 62.4% of those registered to voted supported Brexit.
For Margaret Oppenheimer to blame Jeremy Corbyn for the outcome of the Referendum is a absolutely ridiculous. She could have convinced her own supporters. John Cruddas could have convinced his own supporters. Neither of them had the trust of Labour voters in this matter.
Angela Eagle has been hesitant in her expected role of challenger. The rebels don't want a Leadership Election and - what is more - Angela Eagle's own constituents are threatening to deselect her as their Member of Parliament. As if this wasn't enough, Labour voters across the country - including her own supporters, voted for Brexit.
Let's look at Angela Eagle's record of voting in the House of Commons regarding the UK Referendum on EU Membership:
- February 1st 2011 - Angela Eagle absent for a vote on European Union Bill
- October 24th 2011 - Angela Eagle voted against a Referendum on UK Membership of the European union.
- July 5th 2013 - Angela Eagle was absent for a vote on European Union Bill
- October 17th, 2014 - Angela Eagle absent for a vote on European Union Bill
- June 9th, 2015 - Angela Eagle voted for a Referendum on UK Membership of the European Union
- September 7th, 2015 - Angela Eagle was absent for a vote on European Union Referendum Bill.
These are statements of facts. Information that is on record.